WHY STREP THROAT BLOWS

October 14, 2014

via
All last week I was pretty much sick with strep throat, hence all of the blog posts. Strep throat feels pretty much like swallowing a thousand knives. The only thing that helped was to constantly be drinking something hot and taking 3 Advil every 6 hours. I finally got my hands on some Chloraseptic spray, and I swear angels were singing when I sprayed that numbing crap on my tonsils.

I had all of the classic symptoms, and even took a peek at my throat to see how everything was hanging. It was all red, tonsils were two times their normal size, and some white things were hanging out on them as well. It was pretty atrocious. I vowed to never look back there again, so for all I know, it could look just as bad, but I feel way better.

I don't know about you, but being sick as an adult pretty much sucks as much as it did when I was a kid. The only difference was that my mom wasn't here to take care of me. When I was debating about whether or not I should go to the doctor (which I totally cannot afford to do), I tried to ask my mom what strep looked like. The truth is, I think our mothers know more than doctors anyway. If I could have sent her a picture and had her look at my throat I would have, but she doesn't have a smart phone.

Anyway, I am on the mend and going back to work today. I have to say all of the Ebola crap has really gotten me on edge. If I could wear a suit, gloves, and face mask everywhere I went I totally would. I wonder what kind of looks I would get...

No comments:

Post a Comment