BEGIN AGAIN

April 25, 2014


I heard this song and immediately it struck a chord with me. I have to remember that my life right now is about me. I think its the first time I have truly had the time to focus on me. I still struggle with knowing what I want and where I want to go in my life. Most days I am tired from all of the thinking. I don't have to figure everything out right now. I do have time and I should take advantage of it.

So much of our lives are spent planning. I have realized that life certainly doesn't go according to our plan. I didn't see myself single after nearly three years of marriage. I swore up and down I would never move or live outside of the state of Georgia. I was fearful of ever living on my own and never thought I would have to. I never planned on my sister getting pregnant and having a child before I would. There are lots of things in this life I didn't plan.

Moving forward I am learning to trust God with my life. Some days I feel like I am just floating along (cue Forrest Gump music), but other times I think that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. Either way, whether I have this thing figured out or not, I cannot wait around for someone to kick me into living again. I have been trying to get myself out of my shell. I am one of those weirdos that is half extrovert and half introvert. Depending on the situation I can be the life of the party, or a complete and total wallflower. I have been playing on the faculty/staff intramural softball team. Um. I haven't played softball since I was maybe 14? It's a challenge, it's not pretty, but its forcing me to get out of my comfort zone. Its shaking the extreme self-consciousness I have at times. I have to say I am a little proud of myself for doing it.

I say all of that to say that if you are waiting and letting life pass you by, stop and live it! No one has to tell you when or how to start over. You can do that all on your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment