COOK, WOMAN

March 17, 2015

via
I have always enjoyed cooking since I was in my late teens, early twenties. It all started when my boyfriend at the time and I would cook dinner for my parents on occasion. First, we started with easy stuff like hamburgers or pasta, then we moved on to grilling shrimp and vegetables, and making homemade pies (well as homemade as they can be). After a while I became more comfortable cooking meals on my own. When I got married I learned all sorts of things via cookbooks and Pinterest, and I have to say, they turned out pretty well. 

Since my lifestyle has changed so drastically, and I am no longer married, I find it harder to get motivated to cook for one. Cooking for one can be really hard, so I end up cooking for 45 and just eating leftovers for days on end. I tend to cook unhealthy things since its cheaper and easier, but I find that to cause me to feel like crap. Then there's the fast food. Oh Lord, the fast food. It's just getting ridiculous. This past weekend after being sick and spending way too much time on Amazon, I decided to purchase Bread and Wine and Savor by Shauna Niequist. I am so excited to dive into these two devotionals and cook up some delicious recipes. 

via
I know that food brings people together and it also brings a sense of calm into my life. Whenever I cook I just focus on the task and everything else seems to melt away. Food is connected to so many great things in our life and I want to be able to focus on the different areas of my life that need comfort, calm, and community. Food can do that for me and for others. I hope to update you on the progress and maybe even share some of the outcomes of the recipes. 

Have you read and cooked the recipes from these books? What did you think? 

Happy Tuesday, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment