BEING SICK

March 16, 2015

While being sick has its down sides, it has it up sides too. This past weekend I realized that I was again plagued by strep throat. Really. Who gets this twice in less than a year's time? This girl - that's who. So, after going to Urgent Care, which was surprisingly urgent this time, I ran to my nearest CVS to get my prescripts filled, and pick up some sicky essentials.


Of course, on the list was Powerade Zero (my most fave drink right now), SMART water, Good Housekeeping, Southern Living, Kit Kat minis, Milk Chocolate Raisinets, Bach Rescue Remedy Pastilles (for anxiety & stress), and Bach Rescue Remedy Sleep Melts (haven't slept great lately). I honestly went home planning to completely relax when my phone vibrated to let me know my prescripts were ready. Seriously? They couldn't wait another hour. None the less, I took my antibiotics and cough syrup and enjoyed the much-needed down time.

I know that the next couple of months are going to be about 50 shades of crazy at work, so I know the downtime will be much appreciated. Who knew strep throat could elicit such gratefulness? Honestly, I am the worst about taking time to relax and rest. I really don't know how to do it very well. I feel like I should always be doing something or cleaning something or hanging out with someone. Being sick forces you to stay isolated, watch way too many shows on Netflix, read too many magazines, and sigh way too often, but it's good for me. I have to learn to let go of my productive, perfectionistic self, and just BE. Man, its hard.

I hope you all had a much better weekend than I did! Did I mention I missed out on going to see Beauty and the Beast because I was sick? Yes. Biggest bummer of all!

Happy Monday to me, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment