RECOVERING

March 18, 2015

Being sick is the worst. I have to say the worst is over. I have been on antibiotics a few days and finally feeling more like myself. The worst part is just being so cooped up. I didn't want to infect my roommate, so I pretty much stayed in my room the entire time. It gave me a lot of time to think, pray, read, and just be.

I wrote a few days ago how hard that is for me. I always feel like I should be doing something. I know that it isn't 100% necessary to be productive 100% of the time, but I think we live in a culture that tells us we do. We have blogs, websites, planners, etsy shops dedicated to things to enable us to be more productive, more busy, more focused, more everything. Where is the freedom in that? I know that I am a big planner and I hate not knowing what I am going to do next. I had plans for my life years ago that have yet to come to pass. I have everything written down neatly in my Simplified Planner, but there are times when its okay just to be.

I read a lot of mom blogs because a part of me wants to know the truth about motherhood and another part really wants to look at their adorable pictures of their littles. I see the pressure. While I can't understand it, as a woman, I see the struggle between being a good, productive mother, and just being quiet, soaking in life, and letting things happen as they may. I know moms have to be organized and its best when your kids are on a schedule, but it can be binding to be locked into a schedule with no time for yourself. Being sick always forces me to slow down and just soak in life. It gives me time to do a self-check to see how things are really going inside. It's amazing what thoughts and feelings arise when you actually have time to think and feel them.

I encourage you to not wait until you are sick to just be. Even if it means taking 5 minutes to read a magazine article, or a 15 minute walk outside, or just sitting in a room quietly. I encourage you to do it!

Happy Wednesday, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment