WEEKEND MAKE UP ROUTINE

January 30, 2014

I don't know about you, but I hate spending too much time on my make up during the weekend, unless I absolutely have to. If I have something fancy to do (which isn't often), then I will glam it up a bit, but day to day I tend to keep it simple. I try and let my skin breathe during the weekend since my skin is adorned for close to 14 hours a day.

My Skin: I have oily/combination skin and a lot of redness. I haven't been diagnosed with rosacea, but I feel like I may have it. I have a very pink undertone and very dark under eye circles. I tend to use foundation daily to cover up and even out my skin. I wear concealer under my eyes, on my eye lids, and at the corners of my nose. I have been break out free for close to 4 weeks (YAY!), so I haven't had as many blemishes to cover. The only time I have was for a couple of days during that time of the month.

Routine:
1. Foundation: Mary Kay TimeWise Matte Wear Foundation
2. Concealer: Revlon Liquid Concealer
3. Powder: Covergirl Shine Control
4. Blush: Mary Kay Cream Blush
5. Eye Shadow: Mark Kay Cream Eyeshadow
6. Eye Liner: Maybelline Masterdrama Eyeliner
7. Mascara: Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara
8. Lip Balm: EOS Mint Lip Balm

I go very subtle with the eyeliner since the brand I have is a bit thicker. I smudge it a little to give a messier look. The palette is quite neutral, as I really only want to show off my face and not so much my make up.

Skin Care: I start with clean skin, astringent, and moisturizer. I have been using Clearasil Ultra Acne + Marks Daily Scrub. I use that twice a day (morning & night), followed by Clearasil astringent, and then I moisturize with Mary Kay TimeWise Moisturizer. This routine has saved my life and I have been noticing a big difference.

I finish my make up by putting on some EOS lip balm (amazing) and that's it! I like that there isn't any color in the lip balm, but it keeps my lips soft and moisturized. It's been one of my essentials since we are experiencing some colder temps this month.

If you have any questions about my routine, leave them below!

1 comment:

  1. I think its impressive that you have a weekend make-up routine! I only put mine on if I have a plan to eat out in public.

    ReplyDelete