LOSING

October 23, 2013

I think in times of stress or sadness, the only true remedy is some good Bible and prayer time. I have to admit that I am not the most disciplined when it comes to my very broken and messy relationship with Christ. I have to be constantly reminded that even in the storm, the only calm and sanctuary I can hold onto is the Lord. I am currently reading Job. I feel like in this time of my life I can somewhat relate to Job. I don't think I am in the same shape he was at that time (thank God), but I feel like so much has been lost this year. I really want to get back to a place where I can find satisfaction and contentment once again in my relationship with Jesus. Even when I have wanted to throw my faith out the window I just can't seem to let go of my first love. I can't seem to shake the hold He has on my life. Isn't it amazing that even when we seem to give up on Jesus, He never does? He has been here all along. I am not deserving, but to Him it doesn't matter.

I think in these faith crises in life, we have to accept that at times our faith will be shaken. When things rock you to your core you can't help but look at God and ask "Why?".  I have asked several times why I have been given the circumstances I have in life, but the truth is, I don't know and I may never know. I have to admit that I am human, I am broken, and I need help.

I would love to hear from any of you who have gone through something similar. 
I think it helps to hear from others who have been going through tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment