2014

December 9, 2013

I know that 2013 is still here, but it's winding down and considering the past year, I am ready to focus my mind on things to come. 2013 did not turn out how I pictured. In fact, it's ending a lot differently than I anticipated when 2012 was winding down. The truth is, I am a single gal therefore my goals for next year will be surrounded around someone new, ME.

When you're married your goals tend to be collective between the two of you. Things that were once about you no longer are. Well, now I am experiencing the opposite. Below you will see a list of things I DO plan on accomplishing. Seriously. There really are some good reasons behind them as well. Now, these might be all over the place so don't think one takes precedence over another. All of these items are important.

1. Focus more of my attention on Christ & others versus myself.
2. Do more of the things that inspire me.
3. Take care of myself physically by eating healthful foods, exercising regularly, and getting more consistent sleep.
4. Set a TO DO list of three to four things that are manageable everyday. Be sure that it includes at least one household chore.
5. Watch only three TV shows per week and focus more on reading. (No more 6 hour Netflix marathons).
6. Design a space in my apartment that showcases my interests and inspirations.
7. Learn one new skill per month: web design, crafting, sewing, Excel, and/or recipe.
8. Create a schedule that emphasizes productivity and not time wasters.
9. Settle into a church home both in Alabama and in Georgia (parents live in Georgia).
10. Meet bloggers in real life.
11. Try a new restaurant.
12. Go on an actual date and/or meet new people.
13. Do one kindness gesture at least once a month.
14. Have a party at my place. I am thinking wine tasting or casual cocktail party.

I think 14 is a good number for 2014. I tried not to overwhelm myself and I want to choose things that are realistic, productive, and enjoyable. I plan on enjoying this next year, so in order to do so I really need to start taking care of myself. All of the items above combine all of the elements that make a person healthy. I have spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional items that are good for the soul, body, and mind. I certainly don't want to let go just because I experienced something painful this year. Life must go on as they say.

The main push behind my physical health is 1, I want to feel better and 2, I have my 10 year high school reunion coming up next fall. I want to feel and look my best so I can rub it in everyone's faces. Kidding... But seriously. I also noticed a lot of time in my life is wasteful and could be better spent doing things I enjoy and that challenge me. I love me some Netflix, but if I am watching 4,5, or 6 hours at a time on the weekends, it's a little excessive. I mean once a month or so is fine, but no more than that. Now, as far as dating goes. We shall see. I haven't exactly stepped with both feet in on that one. We will have to see how the year pans out in that area. Meeting bloggers is another goal of mine because I think its so important to surround myself with people of similar interests. If you are in AL or GA, please email me (melissafayeblog (at) gmail (dot) com). I would love to set something up! Trying new things such as a new skill or hobby is really good for being productive while being challenged. I don't really know if I am crafty per say, but I am willing to take a whack at it.

What about you? Have you already set out to achieve some things next year?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chicky Dee! - Its Me (Stephanie) and I love your list, especially #10 & #14 ;). If you ever want to do a meet-up in good Ol' GA let me know. I'd love to meet in person and do more than email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie! That would be great. Email me with a time that would work best for you in the new year. Cannot wait to get together!

    ReplyDelete