REVIEW OF HOME CHEF

April 6, 2016

I used to love cooking a few years ago. I loved going to the store, planning meals, and then coming home each day and creating a delicious meal to unwind from the day. After I became single again, it was much easier to just eat out so I wouldn't have to cook for one. Cooking for one can be somewhat difficult. I either make too little, or make too much.

Lately, I have become burned out by restaurants. I have gone to every restaurant in my area more than once, and sometimes I just crave a home cooked meal. The issue is that I don't have a lot of time to go grocery shopping, and I don't want to buy more meat and produce than I need.

I had been hearing a lot about meal home delivery services, but I wasn't sure that it would work for me.

1. I work every weekday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and sometimes later.
2. I have a 35 minute commute each day, so that puts me getting at home at 5:35 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. at the earliest. Most days it's 6:00 p.m. or later.
So, one of my co-worker friends tried Home Chef and she said it was working out great for her! I was a little skeptical because I am not an advanced cook by any means. I know the basics and what I've learned watching the Food Network, so I wasn't sure I'd be able to cook the meals. She told me they take 30-35 minutes to cook, and all of the meals are easy. She also sent me a code for $30 off my first order, so sold! Duh.
I love all of the meal options, and the calories, fat, carbs, and protein content is on the recipe card. That makes it really easy to select the healthiest options. They also include whether or not the recipe is gluten free, nut free, soy free, etc. That is really helpful for those with food allergies. Each Friday at 12 p.m. new meal options are released for you to choose from. The meals are delivered on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday and they can be for a minimum of 2 servings up to 6. I find that two servings is the perfect amount for me. I have dinner one night and then lunch/dinner for the next day. That equals to 6 meals a week for $60. That is way less than if I were to eat out those meals, or even grocery shop.
I love the ability to come home knowing I have food that is pre-portioned, and all sauces, wines, spices, and butter are all pre-portioned as well. This makes putting the recipe together really easy! Each shipment comes with recipe pages that are hole punched so you can keep them in a binder (binder provided). All you need to have on hand is salt, pepper, and olive oil.
A link for you to sign up is included here! If you have any questions about the meals or preparations, please let me know. I'd love to help!

Happy Cooking, xx!

No comments:

Post a Comment