60 DAY CHALLENGE

April 22, 2016

SHOPPING. 


It's no secret that women love to shop. Don't get me wrong, that isn't exclusive to just women. I know plenty of men who love to shop as well. I love to shop for many different reasons, but I think the main one is, stuff really makes me happy. Temporarily. After the high of having something "new" wears off, I am out once again shopping for the next new thing(s). 

I have made a commitment to not shop for frivolous items for 60 days. That's right. Two whole months free of Target, Old Navy, and online purchases. I will only shop for things that I need, such as groceries, toiletries, medication, etc. If it isn't a "need",  I am not going to buy it. Here's an extensive list of what I plan to cut out: 

1. Additional subscription services that I do not need (including Home Chef).
2. Additional make up or hair products that I don't currently use. 
3. Books, movie rentals, going to movie theatre, new music on iTunes or CDs. 
4. Online shopping. 
5. Any shopping outside of what I NEED at the grocery store.
6. Farmer's Market purchases on Saturdays. 
7. Coffee shop trips (YIKES!).
8. Eating out more than 2 times a week.
9. (Anything else additional I may have forgotten).

Here's what I hope to accomplish during these 60 days. 

1. I want to pinpoint the reasons and triggers for why I shop. Maybe I shop out of boredom, to procrastinate, to feel better, etc. I want to know when and why I shop. 

2. I want to better use my time to do other things, such as exercise, cook, read, and maybe take up another hobby. 

3. I want to see my financial situation once all shopping has ceased, so I can see exactly where my money is going. 

4. I want to be creative with my current things, such as clothes, make up, hair products, etc. I need to use what I have and not just reach for more.

5. I want to use the funds that I would spend on myself, helping others or knocking out some serious debt. 

via
I will report in 60 days with my progress, any and all changes, and how it affected my well being. I am really looking forward to these 60 days and what I learn!

Are you interested in partaking in a 60 Day Challenge, or would you like to challenge me to something for 60 days? Send me an email to melissafayeblog(at)gmail(dot)com. I would love to take the challenge on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment