MORNING ROUTINE

August 26, 2016


I can’t say I am 100% a morning person, but I tend to love the feeling of a fresh start and a new day. I have my own morning routine, and I thought I’d share with all of you today.

1. Wake up around 5:30 a.m. 
Ideally I give myself about 30 minutes to wake up, brew a cup of coffee in my Keurig, and either write or read blogs posts. I also love to read my “Jesus Calling” devotional in the morning and I will journal my prayer for the day. If you don’t write your prayers, I strongly encourage you too! It’s a great way to start my morning.

2. Shower. 
I always shower in the morning (and at night). It helps me to wake up and I just feel refreshed and ready for the day.

3. Moisturize & Make up. 
In total, my moisturizing and make up routine can take between 10 to 20 minutes. If I am doing lighter make up that day, then it can take closer to 10. I wash my face in the shower, so I don’t have to worry about that. I moisturize with Philosophy’s Hope in a Jar and that always does the trick for me. I have very oily skin, so a little moisturizer goes a long way. If I have a blemish or break out, I will apply the Clean & Clear Rapid Clearing Gel on my problem areas and then moisturizer. I always apply primer by Becca since it helps control oil throughout the day. I will then apply my make up.

4. Hair.
After my shower, I brush through my thick curly hair and wrap it in a towel. If I am straightening my hair that day, then I use a blow dry balm by Tresemme, Moroccan Oil by Garnier Fructis, and then blow dry and my hair and use a flat iron. If I am going curly that day I add a bit of mousse to the ends. I am in desperate need of a hair cut lately, so my hair is usually up by the end of the day anyway.

5. Get dressed.
I don’t plan my outfits ahead of time, but I rarely have trouble putting something together. This probably takes the least amount of time.

6. Out the door by 7:20 a.m. 
I carpool with my roommate to work, or sometimes we’ll drive separately if one of us has to work later than the other. We have about a 40 minute commute. We have A LOT of school traffic in the mornings, so we try and head out early to beat the traffic and delays. We also won’t get a parking spot at the college if we run too far behind.

7. Breakfast. 
Sometimes we will leave early enough to run by Starbucks first, or we’ll go by Krispy Kreme, Chick-Fil-A, or McDonalds. It’s not the healthiest breakfast, but we don’t do it everyday. Sometimes I am happy with a bowl of cereal at home, or some instant oatmeal.

That is my morning routine, folks! What did you think? Too much? Too little?

Happy Friday, xx!

1 comment:

  1. Your routine sounds a good bit like mine. My alarm goes off at 6am, and I usually lay there reading my email and my "timehop" until about 6:15, then up, shower, get the kids up, dry my hair, clothes makeup and out the door by 710. I do love the idea of journaling my prayers in the morning!

    ReplyDelete