COFFEE TALK

February 22, 2015

via
Long time, no see, huh? I know, I know. I have been failing miserably in the blogging department, but totally winning in the life department, so that has to mean something, right?

So, to give you somewhat of a life update, I thought this post would be best. Shout out to Ashlyn from Let it Be Beautiful for the inspiration on these posts. They really get the job done!

THANKFUL FOR: I am so thankful for second, third, hundredth chances. So often I forget to show grace to others (working on that), but its amazing the undeserved grace I am shown every single day. I like to think that those who give me the hundredth chances are the ones who are really meant to be in my life. I am not perfect. I mess up at work, in relationships, in friendships, at being vulnerable, at being merciful, at being loving. I am a hot mess sometimes, but those who stick around make every day so meaningful. I am just thankful that Jesus loved me first because I don't know how He puts up my shenanigans.

THINKING ABOUT: I have been thinking a lot about my parents lately. I still get "homesick" at 28 years old and I miss my parents terribly right now. I try and put a good voice on the phone, but I don't see them as much as I'd like to. Hopefully, that will change soon!

FEELING: Relaxed. I am not good at relaxing (mentally, anyway) and I have to force myself to, which isn't very relaxing at all. Lately things have really been getting to me at work, so this weekend really did wonders for me. It's amazing the weight I carry around thinking everything is my responsibility. At some point I need to learn to shut that off and shut it off for good. There are so many things simply out of my control.

LISTENING TO: Country and Pop playlists on Spotify. If you are my actual friend on Facebook you'll see this in your Newsfeed from time to time. Right now my favorite song is Ellie Goulding's "Love Me Like You Do".

WATCHING: "Parenthood". Oh, man! I was so scared to start this show, mainly because family dramas tend to really get to me, but this is so good thus far. I can already feel how invested I am in the characters. I have also been watching "The Bachelor" as per usual. Can I just say though that I am not too impressed with Chris? I just don't find him to be very...well anything...except for hot. That's about it.

EATING: Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

READING: Does Audible books count? I am really loving Amy Poehler's book, Yes, Please right now. She is hilar.

LOVING: Someone new. I don't want to say too much right now, I mean this is the internet, but I like to keep things somewhat private. Just know he makes me really, really happy and I am so stinking excited about it. I am also loving that it's almost March and that means Spring time is around the corner.

So, that is just a little tidbit for now, but I will be back with more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment