November 29, 2016

My Thanksgiving break was a week long! Hallelujah!

So, to summarize how my break was, I will break it down day by day below! Tell me what you did this break? Also, anybody have their tree up before Thanksgiving? I applaud you on your boldness.

I drove to my dad’s house (with Starbucks) late afternoon and he stopped by Cookout on the way home for dinner. Delicious!

My dad got up early (around 6:00 a.m.) and left for my sister’s house in Tennessee. Its about a 4 hour trip, so we stopped for breakfast at a farm to table grocery store/restaurant and got some good coffee and breakfast. We then drove through north Georgia and made our way to her by early afternoon. I went with my sister to get my niece and nephew from school and they were so excited to see us! My niece had no idea we’d be in the car! We went to Lowe’s to get some paint, some lunch, and my dad worked away while my sister and I ran errands and got the kids some lunch. We all went to bed pretty early that night.

I woke up around 9:15 a.m. (sleeping in=amazingness!) and went to Dunkin' to get some coffee and donuts. I wanted to play with Buddy for a while and my niece was at school. My dad painted most of the day and we ran a few errands here and there. My sister and I went to Taco Bell for lunch and I played with my niece and nephew that afternoon and evening. We all went to bed a little later that night.

I got up around 8:00 a.m. and played with my niece and nephew before we had to get ready and go home. My Dad and I stopped at Dunkin' to get some donuts and coffee once again. We love that place! We got home at a pretty decent time. I spent most of the night resting.

Thursday (Thanksgiving!!!): 
My Dad woke up relatively later and got ready to head to my aunt’s for Thanksgiving lunch. We are not really Thanksgiving dinner people. We eat pretty early and then spend the day watching football or the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade if we are early enough. After we ate my cousin and I headed to Peachtree City to ride around in the golf cart and take in the view of Peachtree City Lake. There are a lot of lakes and parks around, so we had plenty of a view. It was so cool to go along the golf cart trails. All in all there is 90 miles of golf cart trails in Peachtree City. They are tucked and hidden away, but they are a treat to drive through. You see things you normally wouldn’t in your car. We then went to get Starbucks and made the trip back to the car. Later my dad and aunt joined us for a walk around the lake. It felt good to get up and moving after eating all of that turkey! 🙈 Nearing the time of sunset we made our way to Gaddy’s to look at lights. I had never been before, but let’s just say, it’s not what I expected. I thought it was like a farm you drove through where they had lights and light sculptures around...Um, no. It was literally a group of decorated houses and some pretty neat light sculptures, but it was amateur. Either way, driving through 3 times was fun and hilarious! My Dad and I left after we made it back to my aunt’s and we stopped for Huddle House on the way home. We were starving!

Did a whole bunch of nothing and watched GILMORE GIRLS! What did you think? I think I cried 17 times. I thought it was awesome, but I wanted more. Also, I love when shows start streaming on Netflix or Hulu, because then the curse words start. It was weird to hear Lorelai say “sh*t”. At the same time, it made more sense for her to talk that way. I didn’t realize how clean vable networks are, but it’s real/off-putting to hear non-cursing characters curse. How could those “last four words” be it? Is this really closure, or is it a new storyline for the future? For the love of God, Palladinos! Bring it back!! For the record, my favorite season was Fall. #yearinthelife #gilmoregirls #lastfourwords
After we did nothing on Friday, we had to get out of the house Saturday. My Dad and I went to Ruby Tuesday’s to watch the first half of #GTvsUGA and was so sure that UGA had GT beat. We were WRONG! GT came back the last quarter and won by 1 point. We heard the rest of it on the radio. We went to lunch, Hobby Lobby, looked at some tiny houses, and a flea market. My Dad and I love flea markets and antiquing, so we had a pretty good day all around. We went to get some groceries and had hot dogs for dinner that night (ha!). It sounded like the only thing we hadn’t eaten all week.

Sunday I came home and did adulting things. I am ready to get back to work and so thankful for the time off. Now, it’s the countdown to Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment