There are several things I am thankful for this year. For some reason holidays are always a hard time for me. As a child I had very high expectations of what the holidays should be. Now that I am single again, it is hard just to adjust to being "alone" during the holiday season. Yes, I have my family and they are amazing. I have great friends and they are certainly lifesavers. But, there is something about having a significant other during the holiday season that is extra special to me. I know it will happen for me someday, but for now I really want to focus on the good things in my life rather than the things I "think" I am missing out on.
1. My Jesus. I am so thankful for his saving grace. I am thankful that He has lifted me up during some really hard and uncertain times.
2. My health. I am so thankful that I am healthy and can do all of the things I do on a daily basis. It's amazing how much of that we take for granted.
3. My family. I love them more than anything.
4. My friends. I am so thankful for the laughs, encouraging words, and great times together.
5. My co-workers. For being more like family everyday.
6. Taylor Swift's new album. Because what else would I be listening to?
7. Hot showers and heat. This is a given, but this is so much of what I take for granted on a daily basis.
8. Boots and scarves. Cuteness factor and also warmth.
9. My blog. It has given me so many opportunities and allowed me to grow in areas that I never thought possible.
10. My job. It's not always easy to work in the financial aid industry, but my job has allowed me to be in the company of great people and I get to influence students everyday. Not sure if that's good for them, or bad, haha.
What are you thankful for this year?