MY FAVORITE PODCASTS + RECOMMENDATIONS

February 6, 2018

I always feel like I am discovering new podcasts, and just like I send texts to my friends letting them know about the podcasts I've found, I am going to share with you my favorite podcasts!

I feel like everyone has a podcast these days. I mean, even Teen Mom cast members have podcasts, so I guess it's free game when it comes to this social media outlet. Podcasts are not a new thing. They have been around for years, but just in the last year or two, I have really gotten into them. I am pretty much into any mode of getting information in audio format. If you can "read" books on Audible, then you can certainly get sucked into a juicy podcast.

Also, if you have any good podcasts, please share them with me! I don't discriminate 😊

Dirty John: Holy freaking crap! This podcast, while short (only 6 episodes), literally blew my mind. I was so intrigued with the story and the outcome was certainly unexpected. If you have every been burned or lied to in a significant way (I have), this podcast may be a bit of a trigger for you, but the story is straight out of a prime time soap. Discretion advised since there's some language and chit chat about sensitive topics. 

Goal Digger Podcast: For the goal digger at heart, this is a great podcast for tips on business, social media, influencing others, etc. I love Jenna Kutcher's realness and it has definitely opened my eyes about the landscape of social media and marketing. If you are into that sorta thing, this is for you!

Atlanta Monster: This comes from the same host as "Up and Vanished", which is also based in Georgia. Being a Georgia girl and having grown up in the Atlanta area, this podcast is so interesting, heartbreaking, and eye opening. It touches on sensitive issues and there's some language, but since this occurred before I was born, I really like to listen and gain more understanding about Atlanta during that time. Several African-American boys (more than several, 31 accounted for) were taken, tortured, asphyxiated, and murdered. The murderer was supposedly captured...Or was he? Discretion advised since there's some language and chit chat about sensitive topics. 

This American Life: If you love current events, sociology, psychology, gut-wrenching topics, this podcast is for you! The episodes vary, so it's not something that is technically a series, but every episode is packed with great information and interesting tid-bits. I love the ones that touch on millennial or modern topics like finding new friends as an adult, the difficulty to be vulnerable, and plenty more! Check it out for sure! Discretion advised since there's some language. 

Up and Vanished: This series has long been finished for me, but it is such a heartbreaking story and it literally sucked me in within minutes. A Georgia high school teacher goes missing and so many unknowns are presented that you can't help to stick with it to find out more. This is a developing story, so catch up so you can get the latest info as it's released. Discretion advised since there's some language and chit chat about sensitive topics. 

Teen Mom Trash Talk: If you love to hate Teen Mom OG or Teen Mom 2, this podcast is for you. This podcast had humble beginnings, but is gaining it's footing. Now, if you easily get offended, or can't take a joke, this podcast is not for you. I think comedy is uncomfortable sometimes, and things that are funny are typically true and somewhat offensive. Again, not for the faint of heart, but has left me in stitches laughing. Discretion advised since there's some language. 

The Vanished: This podcast has done wonders for those with missing loved ones. Every week a new case is discovered and details are released to help families find their loved ones. One case was solved with the help of this podcast and I think it's so important to keep the discussion open about missing people, both adults and children. You never know, you may help to find someone on this podcast.

This is not an exhaustive list, trust me. I could literally list about 20, but maybe I'll go through another list of them soon. Share your faves too!

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of the Lore podcast? It's about creepy stories. I love that one. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but I will look into it! Thank you!

      Delete