FLOURISH

June 3, 2014

So, I am back from my vacation (more on that later this week)!

I feel refreshed, although it was a nightmare getting up this morning for work. I had spent 11 days total away from home, and I have to admit it was good for me. Coming back I felt like I was ready to make some decisions in my life. I have goals (yep, never too late in the year for new goals) and I definitely see a light at the end of the tunnel for me. I think goals should ebb and flow just as our lives do. What I thought was important in January may not be as important now.

I want to feel a sense of control again in my life. I cannot control all of my circumstances, but I can control how I react to them. Some of the reactions and methods I have developed to cope are unhealthy. When you go through something difficult there are new emotions and feelings that seem to bubble up. It's uncomfortable and I don't like it. I don't like how it makes me feel and I don't like how it makes me act. I don't like the way it makes me look at the world and see that it's a little darker than I thought. The truth is, life isn't a fairytale. It's never going to be. Love isn't a fairytale either. I had to learn that the very hard way.

I think despite what I have been through, I am still ready to embrace the things that are good. I am ready to move forward and get things in my life together. I want to be my very best self without being in a relationship. I want to be who I am without the added pressure of catering to another person. I think through all of the darkness, there is still a lot of light in the world. There are still good times to be had. There are still good people to meet and know.

More on those goals in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment