TRIP TO CHATT

June 28, 2015

A few weekends ago, the weekend of my 29th birthday and the week before another girl's on the trip, three friends and I embarked on a trip to Chattanooga. The main reason for the trip? To witness the handsome, hotness, and utter steaminess of Sam Hunt at the Riverbend Festival. You don't know Sam Hunt? You better. He's as beautiful looking as he is sounding, I assure you.

I wanted to share a little bit about my trip and just tell you that I have not had that much fun in YEARS! Seriously. It's been a long while since my last vacation and I was excited to spend some quality time with my friends in a city I've never been to. I may have passed through Chattanooga at some point, but never stopped, at least I don't think I have.

Anyway, we left on Friday night (the night of my birthday) after an awesome day of celebrating at work, and headed to one of the girls' farm houses. Let me tell you, I love me some farm life! It was so cool to be able to drive through her farm property and see horses up close and personal. It was hot as balls and I may or may not have gotten shocked by an electric fence. Yep. I just had to share because one, I have survived to tell the story (kidding), two, its just freaking hilarious and totally like me. No permanent damage done. Let me tell you though, that was painful. NEVER want to experience that kind of pain again. I mean, who would?

We left Saturday around lunch time and headed to Chattanooga. The first stop was at Lookout Mountain (Point Park). We trekked up to some beautiful views and took some pics. I love heights, so it was really cool seeing all of Chattanooga below.



After heading out of Point Park we went to the Terminal Brewery for some lunch and in-house brewed beer. I had a white ale that was delicious.
After lunch we went to the DoubleTree Hotel to unpack. I had a massive headache, so I pretty much stayed in for the rest of the afternoon and evening while the girls hung out by the pool and went to dinner. Finally, around 12 a.m. I woke up and felt much, much better. We all did our face masks, talked for a little bit, and then went to bed.

The next day we were to explore the city a bit and relax before going to see Sam Hunt at 5. We went to Tupelo Honey Cafe and had a delicious breakfast, then headed to the Farmer's Market. We were there about an hour then headed back to the hotel for a swim.
Not even kidding, Tupelo Honey had the best coffee I've ever had. They didn't believe me when I said so, but it was seriously awesome! I can't explain it.

Now, let's talk about the concert. In a word, it was amazing! I have never been that close to an artist before, not to mention that was my first real concert. Well, since I was about 10 years old. Here's a picture before we actually melted waiting for Sam Hunt to come on stage.
I can't even tell you how awesome it was being there and seeing Sam Hunt up close and personal. Kim (on the left above) cupped his chest. That lucky son of a gun! She said it felt as good as it looked. Ha!
{that'd be my phone in my dress - yeah I figured I'd lose it}
{you can't tell, but we were burning up!}
Now, onto some Sam pics.

{my ray of sunshine}
{see how close he was to me?!}
{his best side}

I have plenty more, but I'll spare you the 200 I took. We got about an hour and a half time with Sam, so it was a longer set than normal. I was REALLY okay with that. So were the 10,000 teeny boppers standing around us. Best birthday weekend ever!

We finished our trip exploring Chattanooga some more, near the river. We walked the pedestrian bridge, had lunch at Taco Mamacita, and rode a carousel. Ya know, the ush.



Who is going to see Sam Hunt in July in ATL?! I am definitely going!

Happy Sunday, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment