LIFE UPDATE AND SOME FUN NEWS!

February 10, 2017


I cannot believe it has been this long between posts. Sorry about that, guys! I have had so much craziness happen, and I can't wait to share with you!

First off, Christmas was a wonderful time. This Christmas I was able to spend a good amount of time with my family and was able to see my niece and nephew for a good bit (they are my favorite part). On Christmas Eve, my Dad and I were on our computers surfing the web and just relaxing after traveling and spending time with my sister and her family.

I got this itch to apply to jobs in Tennessee, thinking how great it would be to be in the same state as my sister and my niece and nephew. My brother in law still has a ways to go in the Marines, so I thought it would be nice to be closer to her so I can help, if needed. I applied everywhere in Tennessee it felt like. I came across one school, a Christian university, Belmont University. I had never heard of it before, but I saw a job that peaked my interest, so I sent in my application right then and there. I never really gave it another thought.

A couple of weeks later I received a call from the Director of Financial Aid who wanted to ask me some questions. Knowing about me having to relocate he asked about my timeline and when I was looking to move. I told him right away, of course. We talked for about 10 minutes about my experience and my thoughts about the position. When we ended the conversation he said he would be in touch to schedule a Skype interview, since he knew I was so far away (Columbus, GA). I waited a few days and finally received a call about the Skype interview and I literally screamed inside. A few other employers had called me about scheduling interviews, but Belmont seemed right up my alley. I prayed and prayed and prayed. My parents were praying, my co-workers were praying, my friends were praying. In my heart, somehow, I knew this was it. This was my chance to finally move on from Point.

The Skype interview went smoothly and I felt very confident. A couple of days later I got an email about an in person interview scheduled for the following week. Anticipating this, I booked an AirBnB, and I kept praying. I asked God for the chance to move. I asked God for the chance to start fresh. I asked God for good friendships and connections to develop. I asked God for a job in which I could make an impact each day, and feel as though my work mattered. He answered.

YOU GUYS - I AM MOVING TO NASHVILLE, TN NEXT WEEK!


Yes, I will be a resident in Nashville! 💟💕💞. The city that stole my heart three weeks ago. The city that I will get to live in all of the time. I will be able to do, see, feel, taste, and experience so much. I am so excited! God has really been working everything out from timing to living situation to moving, everything! I will post an update once I get up there and settled, and may even give you a house tour :).

#dashfornash
Follow me on Instagram for little updates in between!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am so excited for you! Miss your blog posts, and cannot wait to hear more about your new city!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to post more for sure! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete