FITBITTING - IS THAT A WORD?

June 21, 2016

So, for my birthday my awesome boss bought me the Fitbit Alta. She had a Fitbit and she and my roommate were challenging each other to see who could get the most steps in a day, or in a weekend. I wanted to join in the fun, so graciously, she gifted me one! I was so excited to put it on and start keeping track of my steps, exercise, calorie intake, water intake, and more.

When I started using the Fitbit to track my sleep, I realized that I am a terrible sleeper, and I don't get enough hours of adequate sleep a night. I have been trying to do better, go to bed earlier, but I am still restless through the night. I also have a bad habit of checking my phone in the middle of the night to see the time, if I got any texts, etc. Even doing that can keep me up.

I have been trying to move more and exercise more regularly. I have this thing where I do really well for like a week or two and then take a week off, but I want to be more consistent. As most of you may know, I do suffer with anxiety, so when I feel myself getting on edge, I immediately change into workout clothes and go to my gym at my apartment complex. Sometimes, I opt to go for a swim (thank you, Summer). Friday night I worked out at 11:00 P.M. Who does that?! #dedication
Now, does all of this work if I still eat cheeseburgers and Kit Kat bars? No, unfortunately. But, I do have healthy food that I purchased at the grocery store on Sunday, so I am set to go!

I may not have that perfect summer bikini body, but I am working towards becoming healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment